If you receive an unresponsive Connect button or are unable to click on the Connect button with VyprVPN on macOS. Please try these steps to resolve this issue:
- Quit the VyprVPN application from the 'Quit' option in the VyprVPN menu at the top of your screen.
- To remove the service, use Command+Tab and select Finder, then press Command + Shift + G to bring up the Go To window and type in: /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools
- A window should open showing the VyprVPNService sitting there. Drag it to the trash.
- Then you will need to log out of macOS and log back in to complete service removal.
- Empty the trash bin.
- Restart VyprVPN to prompt the reinstallation of the VyprVPN service. The credentials required to install the Helper Tool are the admin credentials for your macOS, not your VyprVPN account.
If this issue persists, please try and perform a full clean re-installation of the VyprVPN application using these steps:
- Visit our macOS app page, and click "Download".
- Once you have downloaded the file, open it and scroll down. You will see an uninstaller. Run the uninstaller.
- Once the application is uninstalled, you may return to the .dmg file and install the application again.
- Once installed, try logging in and connecting.
If you find you are still having this trouble, please use these steps to verify that the extension required for VyprVPN is not being blocked:
- Click on the Apple icon menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab.
- With the Security and Privacy window still open, attempt to connect the VPN with Chameleon or OpenVPN.
- On the Security and Privacy screen do you now see "System software from developer "Golden Frog" was blocked from loading"? If so, click Allow the connection.
- Quit VyprVPN. (Right-click on the VyprVPN icon on your dock and select Quit)
- Relaunch the VyprVPN app and connect!
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.