Below you will find instructions for deploying VyprVPN Cloud using Amazon Web Services (AWS). This is our recommended method to deploy VyprVPN Cloud.
1. Login to http://aws.amazon.com/ (Free accounts are available if you don't have one, requires payment method on file)
2. In Services, select EC2 under the Compute section.
3. Click Launch Instance. Follow along to go through the proceeding steps:
- Step 1: Under Quick Start, select Browse more AMIs
- Step 2: Select AWS Marketplace AMIs, then select Ubuntu Pro 16.04 LTS
- Step 3: Select Continue, and you will be taken back to the Launch an Instance menu.
- Step 4: Under Instance type, select your desired instance. On Free AWS accounts, only the t2.micro instance is available.
- Step 5: Under Key pair (login), select Create new key pair. Give the new key pair a name, and select Create key pair.
- Step 6: In Network settings, select Edit and configure the security group with the following rules (you will need to select Add security group rule a few times in order to add all of the rules):
|HTTP||TCP||80||My IP (will detect and select your IP)|
|Custom TCP Rule||TCP||222||My IP|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||443||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||500||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||1194||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||1701||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||4500||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||15001-20000||Anywhere|
|Custom UDP Rule||UDP||25001-30000||Anywhere|
(Note: These are basic rules. Feel free to customize access as you see fit. For example, if you wanted to be able to access the VyprVPN Cloud admin panel from other IPs, add in more Custom TCP Rules for port 222 using the IPs from which you want to allow access.)
- Step 7: Under Configure storage, make sure the type of volume is set to gp2
- Step 8: Expand Advanced details, scroll to the bottom. In User data, copy/paste the content from this link into the text box.
- Step 9: Under Summary, select Launch instance.
Once launched, your new instance will be in the Instances list in your AWS Console. Wait for the Instance State to turn green (running).
Once the instance is running, you can access the VyprVPN Cloud Web Management Interface by entering in your server's public IP in your browser's address bar. Packages may still be installing, so you will likely see the installation screen the first time you access it immediately after creating the instance.
You are now ready to configure VyprVPN Cloud! Head over to the web admin setup article if you wish to configure it via the web admin panel, or the CLI setup article if you wish to configure it via command line.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.