Configured on Asus RT-N16 - firmware v184.108.40.2066_3754
While this tutorial is geared for Asus routers running factory AsusWRT firmware, this setup can be applied to AsusWRT-Merlin firmware as well.
Please note: We offer limited support for this configuration due to many variables that can cause connection or performance issues. This firmware is open-source with many versions and a growing list of supported hardware. We cannot guarantee VyprVPN's performance or functionality on your router.
Bold items are things you will click or edit.
1. Log in to the router at the default gateway address. Normally this will be http://192.168.1.1/
2. Click the VPN option under Advanced Settings.
3. Click the VPN Client tab.
4. Click the Add profile button.
5. Fill in the following details:
Description: VyprVPN PPTP VPN Server: See list here Username: Your Golden Frog email address Password: Your Golden Frog password Auto-reconnection: Yes PPTP Options: MPPE 128
6. Click OK.
7. Notice your new VPN client configuration is listed on the VPN Server List.
8. Click Activate to initiate the connection.
Note: You may need to wait an additional minute or so for the VPN connection to become fully active after you see the checkmark appear in the Connection Status column.
9. That's it! You are connected to VyprVPN on your Asus router. To verify the IP address change, you can visit our IP checking page.
10. To disconnect at any time, click the Deactivate button next to the connected server in the VPN Server List.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.