We would not recommend using both a manual connection using the VPN Client settings and the VyprVPN app for QNAP. Doing so will result in unpredictable connection behavior.
Please note: At this time VyprVPN only supports QNAP up to firmware version 4.3.4. As of firmware version 4.3.5, the VyprVPN application is no longer available via the app store.
You can attempt to set up a VPN connection to our VyprVPN servers with the OpenVPN protocol using QNAP's VPN client (QVPN) however we can not guarantee a successful connection on any updated firmware (beyond 4.3.4).
To set up the VPN connection using QVPN, please follow these steps:
1) Download the OpenVPN configuration files here.
2) Open QVPN Services
3) Under VPN Client, click VPN Connection Profiles. You may need to expand the VPN Client section.
4) Click Add and then OpenVPN.
5) Select the OpenVPN config file for the VPN server you desire to connect to, which you downloaded in step 1.
6) In the Create VPN Connection popup box, enter your username and password in their respective fields. You may rename the Profile Name to something other than what is listed there if you desire. I'd suggest something like VyprVPN - Server Location. Additionally, if you desire, you can enable the 3 optional features listed there.
7) Click Apply
8) Make sure to turn on "enable VPN gateway"
9) To connect, click the Connect button to the right of the newly created VPN connection.
If possible, we recommend using the VyprVPN app for QNAP instead of the manual setup, due to its ease of use and user-friendly interface.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.