Crashes are rare, but they can occur for a number of reasons. When talking about crashes, we're not necessarily talking about reasons for the connection to disconnect but rather what causes the application to quit or otherwise stop functioning.
There are specific causes dependent upon the platform, but to highlight the general reasons always comes down to these:
- Some function the application requires has failed
- An external problem occurring on the device is stopping the application
- The application has performed an action that is outside of the expected outcome causing a fault error
The best first-stage troubleshooting crashes involve:
- Reboot the device - this is often the solution for mobile devices. Many users leave their mobile devices running for weeks or months between reboots. A reboot allows for a clean slate for the app to operate within.
- Re-install the Application - this will resolve many crashes in cases where simply rebooting doesn't help. If you're on Windows, make sure to check the box that says "VyprVPN User Settings" during the uninstallation process.
Now if the above has been tried and the crash persists, our support team is here to assist. We are better able to help with troubleshooting with logs. As VyprVPN is a no-logs service, you would need to opt into sending us logs. In fact, we do have a feature for sending crash logs:
- How can I send crash reports VyprVPN on macOS?
- How can I send crash reports VyprVPN on Windows?
- How can I send crash reports VyprVPN on iOS?
- How can I send crash reports for VyprVPN on Android?
Alternatively, you can collect logs manually depending upon the platform:
However you acquire logs, send them our way via a support ticket and we'll work with you to resolve the crashing.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.