It is possible that you may encounter an issue where you can connect to VyprVPN, but cannot load websites or use applications that require access to the Internet. This issue primarily affects the OpenVPN and Chameleon protocols.
This can happen if the MTU setting on VyprVPN does not match that of your network. The Mac and Android apps include the option to Optimize MTU in an effort to fix the problem. Follow the steps below to adjust the MTU value for your VyprVPN connection (Please note that optimize MTU is only available for the OpenVPN and Chameleon protocols).
To optimize MTU on Android:
- While disconnected from the VPN, select Customize
- Select Protocol
- Select Configure under OpenVPN or Chameleon (you will need to select the protocol before you can select its corresponding Configure option)
- Select Optimize MTU
- The optimization process will automatically connect to your currently selected server location with the newly optimized MTU
- Once the process is finished, see if you can access the Internet while connected to VyprVPN
If the issue persists, it may help to change the VPN protocol from the Protocols menu. Try all available protocols and see if any of them work for you.
If you are still unable to access the Internet while connected to VyprVPN, then please contact support and provide the following information to help us look into the issue:
- Have you restarted your device and refreshed your network?
- Do you experience this issue on other networks?
- Does this affect all available VPN protocols?
- Do you experience this issue when connecting to a specific VPN server, or does it affect all servers you try?
- If this is a new issue, can you think of anything that has changed with your network or device since the issue started happening?
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.