If you are experiencing slow speeds while connected to VyprVPN on an Android device, we recommend following the steps below.
Perform a complete refresh of your network:
- Shut down your router
- Shut down your modem
- Wait 30 seconds, then power on your modem again
- Wait until your modem has booted, then power on your router
|*If you are on a cellular network, place your phone in airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, then disable airplane mode.|
Try alternative protocols:
- Tap the Customize option in the bottom left corner
- Tap Protocol
- Select the desired protocol
You can also configure manual connections for the L2TP/IPsec and PPTP protocols using the instructions outlined in these articles:
Select the fastest server option, or choose a server with low ping from the server list:
- Tap the server icon next above the connect button or select Servers in the bottom right corner.
- Choose fastest server towards the top, or select another server with green ping
|Note: If you require to connect to a specific server, please note that factors including the ping time to the server, the geographical distance between your physical location and the server location, and the protocol you are connecting to the VPN server affects the speeds you will receive.|
While VyprVPN is configured to minimize the amount of speed loss when connected, we, unfortunately, cannot guarantee that you will not experience loss of speeds even after attempting the above troubleshooting. There are many factors outside of our control affecting your speeds, including the route your ISP provides you to our VPN servers.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.