OpenVPN Connect is an OpenVPN client compatible with Android versions 4.0 and newer.
To use VyprVPN with OpenVPN Connect on an Android device:
OpenVPN Connect uses a configuration file to set up each server connection. Download the configuration files for the VyprVPN servers from the article here.
- Locate and select the configuration files on your device's Download folder with File Manager. Tap 'Extract'.
- Locate OpenVPN Connect on the Google Play Store, download and install.
- Launch the application, tap the settings icon in the top right, then Import and select "Import Profile from SD card".
- Tap on your Download folder and tap the file labeled "GF_OpenVPN_20200320".
- Tap the encryption level you are seeking (160bit, or 256bit), tap your server location, and tap Select.
- Type in your Golden Frog username and password, making sure to check the Save box.
- Tap Connect, then Continue to start your connection.
- You can check your IP address by visiting our IP checker web page.
- Enjoy VyprVPN on your Android 4.0+ device!
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.