We pride ourselves on offering fast, secure VPN service to all of our customers. We never throttle or rate-limit your connection. In the event that you find your VyprVPN speeds aren't what you'd expect, there are several things you can try to diagnose and attempt to resolve the issue.
First, some general information to take into account regarding your VPN connection speed:
- You should expect to notice some speed loss when connecting to any VPN service, and VyprVPN is no exception. Every byte of data sent over our network requires encryption, which causes some additional loss in performance due to processing overhead.
- Generally speaking, the farther away you are from the VPN server you are connecting to, the slower the speeds you will experience. The longer the data has to travel, the higher the latency, and therefore the slower the speeds.
- VyprVPN relies on your underlying internet connection, so if you have a slow internet connection from your ISP, you should expect to see more noticeably slower speeds when using VyprVPN.
- If your internet connection is suffering from an ISP issue like packet loss or throttling, expect degraded VPN performance and/or issues connecting.
What can I do to improve my speed?
Follow the steps below to attempt to solve slow speed issues:
1. Make sure the server you are connecting to doesn't have a high ping time.
For optimal performance, connect to servers showing green ping times first, and yellow second. You should avoid servers with red ping times if speed is your main concern. The servers can be accessed from the Servers option at the bottom right of the VyprVPN app.
2. Refresh your local network, if you have access to the modem or router.
Refreshing your local network can clear up possible underlying issues like packet loss and is generally a good first-step troubleshooting technique. Follow the simple steps below.
1. Unplug power cables from modem and router* 2. Wait 30 seconds, plug modem in 3. Wait 30 seconds, plug router in 4. Wait 30 seconds, network is now refreshed. *If you have a router/modem combo, just unplug that device.
3. Try a different VPN protocol.
The protocols available to you will depend on the type of device you're using VyprVPN on. Whether you are on Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS, there will be at least two different options for VPN protocol. Regardless of which protocol you are currently using, we suggest trying the other available protocol or protocols to see if they might improve speed.
First, select the Customize option at the bottom left of the VyprVPN app.
Then, select Protocol
Depending on your type of device, you will see some combination of WireGuard, OpenVPN, Chameleon, and IKEv2 as options (Android devices do not have access to IKEv2 protocol). We recommend trying all available protocols to see which one provides the best speed within your network environment and on the device you're using.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.