This error is shown when logging into the VyprVPN app and can occur on the Windows and Mac desktop apps. It can happen for a number of different reasons, but the root cause is the app cannot reach our authentication servers. It sees your connection as being offline and the log-in attempt fails. While rare, this is generally more prone to occur on corporate, university, and other potentially restrictive networks.
You can try the following steps to attempt to resolve the error:
1. Make sure you are running the most recent version of VyprVPN. If you aren't, please install the latest version and try logging in again.
To check the version number on Windows, access "Programs and Features" in the Windows Control Panel and scroll down the list of programs until you see VyprVPN. You will see the version number in the "Version" column. To check the version number on a Mac, right-click the VyprVPN app icon and choose "Get Info." The version number will be listed in the pop-up.
You can always find the latest version for Windows at this link, and for Mac at this link. (For version numbers see: Windows change log | Mac change log)
2. Make sure you have an active connection to the internet and that no other VPN connections are active. This includes corporate VPN connections. If you are on a laptop, also please try connecting to a different WiFi network, if possible.
3. Temporarily disable any anti-virus and firewall programs you're running to see if you are able to log in. Anti-virus programs and strict firewalls can block the necessary traffic to our authentication servers.
4. Reboot your computer and refresh your local network. Then, try logging in again.
You can use this method to refresh your network (if you have access):
1. Unplug power cables from modem and router
2. Wait 30 seconds, plug modem in
3. Wait 30 seconds, plug router in
4. Wait 30 seconds, the network is now refreshed.
If you are still having trouble after trying these steps, please try connecting with one of our manual connection setups here.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.