The error 807 for IKEv2, PPTP, and L2TP is a general connectivity error meaning that it can be caused by high latency, port block, or packet loss on your network. In some cases, 807 can be coupled with the errors 628, and 619.
If the connection attempt fails as a result of error 807, please try connecting again. In most circumstances, a few connection attempts will establish a successful connection and resolve the error.
If you see the error consistently after repeating the connection attempts, this basic troubleshooting information may assist you in obtaining a connection:
1. Refresh your network to assist in any possible packet loss or stale network connections.
- Unplug power cables from modem and router
- Wait 30 seconds, plug modem in
- Wait 30 seconds, plug router in
- Wait 30 seconds, the network is now refreshed.
2. Try connecting to a closer server location.
- Closer locations should have lower latency and are more likely to connect
3. If using a manual PPTP or L2TP connection, ensure that PPTP Passthrough and L2TP Passthrough are enabled in your router.
- These settings only affect the PPTP and L2TP protocols and can be adjusted from your router firmware.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.