Error 6002 is an error which can occur with the OpenVPN and Chameleon protocols. It means that the port for OpenVPN is already in use by a different connection. The main cause of this error is other OpenVPN connections on the computer.
1. If using the OpenVPN TAP adapter, try changing to the VyprVPN TAP adapter:
- Select Customize in the bottom left of the VyprVPN app
- Scroll down and select TAP Adapter
- Select VyprVPN TAP adapter
If you are still unable to connect, then it may help to use the standalone VyprVPN TAP installer for your system below (make sure to open the file by right-clicking it and selecting "Run as Administrator" after downloading it):
2. Search for openvpn.exe in the Details tab of the Task Manager and end it
3. Uninstall other VPN clients
4. Uninstall and reinstall VyprVPN. When going through the uninstallation process, make sure to check the box that says "VyprVPN User Settings." Once the installation is complete, reboot the computer and reinstall VyprVPN using the current installation file found on our website here.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.