Error 87 is an error that may occur on the Windows platform. Typically the wording is "Error 87: The parameter is incorrect"
The more likely cause for the error is a service-related error while connecting using IKEv2. Let's address these potential issues:
- Press the Windows Key and R to open the 'Run' command window
- Type 'services.msc' into the field and click OK
- Sort the list of services by name and search for the following:
- Plug and Play
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- For each of the above services:
- Right-click the service and select Properties
- In the General tab, ensure the Startup Type setting is set to Manual
- Click Apply and then click Start
If the issue persists, try the following:
- Download and install the most recent x86 C++ redistributables from the following Microsoft support page (the name of the file is vc_redist.x86.exe):
- After installation, restart the computer and try the connection again.
If you continue to encounter error 87 after trying the steps above, then please try the steps below to delete the rasphone files from your computer, which will allow the VyprVPN app to create a new file in its place with clean connection configurations. The rasphone file will exist on your computer in one or both of the following locations:
To easily access the folders above, copy and paste the bold text into the top of Windows Explorer and press enter.
Ensure that the rasphone file is deleted from both of the above directories, and then try connecting once more.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.