Error 87 is an error that may occur on the Windows platform. Typically the wording is "Error 87: The parameter is incorrect"
The more likely cause for the error is a service-related error while connecting using IKEv2. Let's address these potential issues:
- Press the Windows Key and R to open the 'Run' command window
- Type 'services.msc' into the field and click OK
- Sort the list of services by name and search for the following:
- Plug and Play
- Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
- Remote Access Connection Manager
- For each of the above services:
- Right-click the service and select Properties
- In the General tab, ensure the Startup Type setting is set to Manual
- Click Apply and then click Start
If the issue persists, perform the following:
- Download and install the C++ redistributables
- After installation, restart the computer and try the connection again.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.