Error 789 is an error that can occur when using the L2TP or IKEv2 protocols. It can occur when your computer or network is not configured to connect to an L2TP or IKEv2 server.
1. Ensure that L2TP and IPSec passthrough are enabled in your router.
2. Re-enable IPSec in Windows:
- If using the VyprVPN app, close the app from the system tray at the bottom right.
- Right-click your Start button and select Run
- Type in services.msc and press enter
- In the services menu, double-click on IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules Properties.
- Ensure that the Startup type is set to Automatic. If the Service status says Running, then click on Stop to stop the service. Once it has been stopped, click on Start. Once complete, click on OK.
- In the services menu, locate IPsec Policy Agent and do the same thing as above with it.
- Try once again to connect to VyprVPN
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.