Error 809 is a PPTP, L2TP, and IKEv2 error which can occur when the connection between you and the VPN server could not be made because the VPN server is not responding.
1. This error will be less common when using the VyprVPN app for Windows, which can be downloaded here.
2. It may be necessary to allow the following ports in your router's firewall:
- If using PPTP, allow TCP port 1723
- If using IKEv2 or L2TP, allow UDP ports 500 and 4500
3. It may also be necessary to add a certain value to the Windows registry
- Ensure that you are logged in as an Administrator in Windows
- Right-click your start button and select Run
- In the Run window, type in regedit and click OK
- In the panel on the left side of the Registry Editor, click the arrow to the left of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SYSTEM, then CurrentControlSet, then Services, and finally PolicyAgent. Click once on PolicyAgent to view the keys available in that folder.
- On the right side, right-click anywhere in the empty space and select New, then DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Set the name of the new value to AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule
- Right-click on the new value and select Modify
- Set the Value Data to 2 and click OK
- Reboot your computer and try connecting again.
4. Ensure that Windows 10 is fully updated on your computer
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.